Healthy meat recipes for dinner differ from other recipes that have a reduced amount of fat in terms of quality, while the protein is cooked in the healthiest form for absorption.
I’ve put together a list of the healthiest and protein-rich meat recipes that you can eat for dinner. Keep in mind that meat is best absorbed by the body during lunch time and dinner, which is why the following recipes are recommended to be cooked for either of these meals.
However, do not consume meat less than 2 hours before bedtime: let your body properly digest it and take in the so-needed protein. All of the following meat recipes are accompanied with detailed instructions on how you can cook them at home.
Meat is the main source of proteins in our food. It is still unknown whether such a common need for meat is caused by physiological qualities of the body, traditions of national cuisines, or simply by the habit of eating meat.
Meat is usually served with a side dish. Those who eat meat regularly know that the best side dishes for meat are, of course, vegetables – fresh, cooked, baked, fried, pickled. Fresh salads, including lettuce, parsley, celery, chicory, and arugula are usually served as a side dish for meat.
Meat recipes for dinner
Meat is also a source of essential amino acids and a lot of vitamins. On this page, you will find meat recipes with detailed instructions for cooking. Our recipes will help even a kitchen amateur and not very experienced housewives to cook tasty dietary meat dishes.
In order to cook dietary meat for dinner, I don’t recommend altering the following recipes nor do I recommend complementing them with other ingredients. Before cooking meat dishes, recipes should be tested on small portions of food.
Quite often the recipes found on the Internet recommend cooking easy meat dishes with low amount of salt and spices. But this kind of meat dishes sometimes don’t seem very tasty to all family members.
Meat in Sour Cream:
- 900 g lean beef or veal
- 2 red carrots
- 1 large onion
- 2 parsley roots
- 2 celery roots
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bunch of fresh dill
- 15-20 peas of black pepper
- sour cream
- Wash the meat, remove pellicle, veins and fat. Slice it into middle-sized pieces and put them into a pot of boiling water. After 10 minutes, remove the meat with a slotted spoon and pour fresh water in a pot and again bring it to boiling.
- Peel and wash an onion, wash the roots and cut it with a sharp knife into 4-6 pieces.
- Put meat, onion, roots, bay leaf and pepper into boiling water. After 10 minutes, gently put into the boiling broth, washed well and firmly bound thread a bunch of dill.
- Cook meat on a very low heat. Then remove it with a slotted spoon and drain it with napkins.
- Put the meat on a ceramic plate, pour each slice with sour cream or with vegetable broth and decorate it with fresh herbs.
Pot Roast with Meat:
- 550 g lean beef or veal
- 3 medium-sized onions
- 3 mild-cured cucumber
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 medium-sized bunch of fresh parsley
- Peel cucumbers and onions, cut each onions into 4 pieces. Wash greens under running water and mince it with cucumbers and onions.
- Mix the resulting mush.
- Wash meat thoroughly, cut it into small pieces. Put half of the mush of vegetables and greens over the base of non-stick pan; gently put the meat, and the rest of the vegetable mass.
- Heat the vegetable broth to a warm state, and pour the three-layer ‘cake’ with it.
- Then, put the pan in the oven (not too hot) and wait for the dish to be cooked.
- Put the roast on the dishes and serve it hot (btw, the meat can be replaced with chicken or fish.)
- 550 g meat, cooked as in the previous recipe
- 2 medium-sized onions
- 900 g ripe pumpkin
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Peel, cut and fry onions in a pan with oil up to slightly golden color. Peel pumpkin from seeds, and cut pulp into cubes.
- Put a half of a pumpkin at the bottom of a deep frying pan or other pot with non-stick coating then put half an onion, then meat and the second half of the chopped onion and put the rest of the pumpkin on the top layer. Pour with vegetable broth. Place pan in the oven.
- Cook on medium heat. Sprinkle cooked dish with lemon juice and serve it in the pan.
Spanish Beef Stew
- 550 g lean beef
- 550 g cabbage
- 230 g onions
- 150 g tomatoes
- 200 g green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup boiled water
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Wash and cut meat into medium-sized slices and mince it twice. Season it with canola oil, or, if you don’t have one, with vegetable oil, and mix well.
- Peel onions and cut into thin rings. Cut cabbage into small strips.
- Wash peppers, remove the seeds, and cut the pulp into small pieces. Pour tomatoes with boiling water, peel and rub through a large sieve.
- Mix the cooked vegetables with minced meat, pour it with warm boiled water, mix well. Put the pan or pot in a heated oven and wait for 30 minutes.
- Remove, wrap with duvet blanket and leave for 40 minutes until steamed. Put cooked stew in a deep salad bowl or ceramic dish, serve hot.
Boiled Beef Pudding
- 1 kg boiled beef
- 2 onions
- 10 g butter
- 200 g sour cream
- 2-3 eggs
- parsley, greens, nut crumb
- vegetable oil
- Chop boiled beef, add 2 finely chopped onions, fry with vegetable oil, along with beef, salt.
- Pour the sour cream, add eggs and nut crumb. Put into the oiled pan. Put the pudding in the oven.
- 1 kg beef
- 500 g veal
- 4-5 mushrooms (button mushrooms, oyster mushrooms, morels, truffles)
- 350 g ham
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- Take beef fillet, beat off up to the form of a flat cake. Cook mince of veal and mushrooms, spread meat with mince, season with salt. Cut the ham in slices, put the mince and scrambled eggs.
- Turn fillet into a roll, tie with thread and put in a pot with vegetables and spices, pour with water, simmer. Put the butter in the vegetable broth, boil, drain. Put beef roll on a plate and pour with cooked sauce.
Baked Roast Beef
- 1.5-2 kg beef
- 100 g butter
- 1 cup water
- boiled cauliflower
- Cut off the excess fat from the meat, dry it, tie with thread, season with salt and put it on baking sheet. Pour with oil and a glass of cold water and put in a hot oven.
- Periodically turn the meat and pour with oil and broth. Cooked meat cut across the grain, put them on the bone, serve as the whole roast. Decorate roast beef with cauliflower, shallots.
Roast Beef with Celery Salad
- 1 kg fillet
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 1 celery
- 1 apple
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Wash and dry meat with napkins. Put meat on a baking sheet with fat on top, season with salt. Bake in hot oven at 250 ° C (at a very high heat) for 10 minutes. Then add sliced carrots and onion rings to the meat, continue baking for 25 minutes.
- Remove the fried roast beef on a baking sheet, pour with few spoons of water, heat and serve meat with sauce.
- Serve roast beef with a salad of grated apple and celery. Sprinkle salad with lemon juice and serve immediately.
Brisket cooked with crayfish and cauliflower
- 1 kg beef (brisket)
- 5 kg chicken
- 10 g parsley root
- 5 g fennel
- 1 tbsp. melted butter
- Lemon juice – 1/4 lemon
- 5 g parsley
- 40 g crayfish oil
- 30 crayfish
- 100 g cauliflower
- 12 asparagus roots
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Cut brisket and a large chicken into pieces, boil once in salted boiling water, add cold water, season with salt, pour the broth and cook with roots and spices.
- Add the melted butter, lemon juice, parsley. When the meat is cooked, remove it, take 3-4 cups of broth, fill it with oil and boil.
- Add the crayfish tails or legs, cauliflower (boiled in broth separately), asparagus, wine and boil again. Before serving, sprinkle the meat with broth.
Once you try one of the above-mentioned meat recipes for dinner – don’t hesitate – share your opinion in the comment section below! Moreover, if you have made some alterations to the recipes or added some ‘secret’ ingredients and you loved the result – let us know.