So here’s a combination you probably never thought to try before: olives and prunes. Vegetables and fruits coming together to compliment the protein of the chicken, but in a rich and tangy way that feels almost gourmet.
There is a lot that goes into making this recipe, but the flavor explosion that results from it makes all of that hard work worth it in the end. It takes just over an hour to make this chicken, but it serves between four and six people, depending on the size of the chicken you use.
That’s right, this sweet and savory recipe contains everything you love about Chicken Marbella but with a reduction in cook time and the use of an entire chicken. You can also choose to make this in a crockpot, and you may find the results to be just as delicious. .
Roasted Chicken with Olives and Prunes
● 1 whole chicken
1. Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
2. Place the chicken breast-side up in a Pyrex baking dish, then sprinkle with salt.
3. In a large bowl, combine olives, prunes, oregano, capers, bay leaves, garlic, olive oil, agave, apple cider vinegar and water.
4. Spread the contents of the bowl in the dish around the chicken.
5. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
6. Lower heat to 375 degrees and continue to roast the chicken until it is cooked through, about 40 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and serve.