So, today I bring to your attention the third article about the paleo-diet – real life stories of people who have committed to this diet. Let’s start with a comprehensive story of Jessica Ashney, Massachusetts, 24 y.o.
“This is the first time I try the paleo-diet. Recently the first cycle has ended. The cycle lasted 30 days and brought a lot of interesting experiences and thoughts. I’ll try to summarize them in a list. In any case, I would say that do not pretend to be objective. This is just a summary of what I have experienced in the last 30 days. In general, I have to say that this is my first diet experience.
“In short, the essence of the diet is that you eat what the paleo-man could get by hunting and gathering. You can eat meat and poultry, fish, vegetables, fruits, nuts, eggs.
“You cannot eat: anything else 🙂 basically you cannot consume milk, cereals, legumes, sweets, flour, semi-finished and junk food. Something like this. This diet has both its defenders and opponents. It was created by doctors in the United States (where else?) in the 70s.
“I would like to add that in connection with many of the facts, I became interested in the topic of an adequate diet. It turned out that all is not so easy. Furthermore, firstly, I had to puzzle out what proteins, fats and carbohydrates are, then trace elements have emerged.
“And the question of ecology and pollution remains open. As well as the question of ethics, meat and vegetables growing. And all the questions concerning junk food. Yes, and the price question too, by the way.
“All my thoughts I decided to split into two parts – the physiological and social aspects.”
- I’ll start with the body and the most striking physiological sensation. To be more precise, there is no feeling of heaviness in the stomach, even if you dined a lot, for example.
- Just in the first week, you realize how much of various junk food you consume every day. Snickers, sweets, cookies, if there is no time to eat normally, you go to McDonalds. The temptations are at every turn, and you really just do not think about them. And then you wonder why you suffer from the stomach ache or why pimples on the face have appeared.
- It was hard to get used to coffee without sugar. It helped that I never drank tea with sugar.
- It seemed to me that the stomach has become flattered and the body as a whole has become more resilient, less friable. A great bonus.
- I have not experienced any primitive aggression attacks, apparently, it’s all fiction.
- The reaction of friends was rather mixed. Those who understand what the paleo diet is are interested in the progress. But most of them asked: why do you want to lose weight? How do you live without flour and sweet? I live normally. The hardest part was explaining to my grandmother why I don’t eat bread and her salads. In general, for the older generation, of course, all these diets are delusion and folly. They think you should eat a lot. It’s a classic misconception, there’s no getting around it.
- I noticed how much my ‘shopping cart’ has changed. There are no cookies, preserves, chocolates, rolls, semi-finished products and so on. Only meat, eggs, vegetables, fruits …
- I’m about to finish my eat another paleo diet cycle, and I want to say that this diet is great. You can eat a lot of tasty food, and you not just feel better, but you also become thinner.
- In conclusion, I want to say that the entire month of the paleo diet was very important and interesting. I want to eat right and enjoy it.”
And in addition to Jessica’s story, let’s review a couple of brief comments about the paleo diet.
Emily, 21 y.o.
“I started to stick to the paleo diet about 3 months ago – I wanted to freshen up and get a little healthier before the new school year. Eating paleo foods did not cause much discomfort, except that at the beginning it was difficult without flour (I used to snack with biscuits).
“Unexpectedly I fell in love with nuts – they replaced sweets. For the first month, I lost about 3 kg, I cleared my face from acne, headaches and swelling were completely gone down. Today, with the height of 172 I weigh 64 kilos, before the start of the diet I weighed 74 kg. Thank you!”
William 43 y.o.
“It was my wife who made me stick to the paleo diet after the holiday in Turkey. 15 days of “all inclusive” holiday added 12 kg to my weight. After the arrival, I just could not fit in any of my suits.
“On the 3rd day of this diet, I felt fit and lightness in my body. It was unexpected. By the end of the week, I started to lose weight. Interestingly, the weight disappeared much faster than the arrow moved on the scales. Among the additional advantages, I can note an overall improvement of the health and normalization of blood pressure.”
Emma 20 y.o.
“I’m interested in a healthy diet, however, I didn’t have a special system, I just couldn’t find a suitable one. I read about the paleo diet on the Internet, got excited about it and found the
“I liked the fact that there were recipes, I tried all of them, and sweets were absolutely delicious. Although I to the paleo diet to improve my health, I have got a nice bonus: minus 5 kg.
And that’s without fasting and simulators! I also noted that it has become easier to get up in the morning, and in general, the studying process became easier as I am always energetic. The “Paleo for Beginners” guide is great – thank you very much!”
James 27 y.o.
“I am a supporter of a healthy lifestyle, I was even fond of raw food diet, however, this system was abandoned for health reasons. I heard a lot about the paleo diet and even wanted to try it, so this guide with all the advice and recipes was a pleasant discovery for me.
“The promised changes have occurred in the first week. I became less tired, more cheerful and, strangely enough, my eyes became less tired. Today, I feel great, I forgot about the pain in my temples. Enough energy for the whole day. Thank you.”
Elizabeth, 35 y.o.
“First of all, I would like to boast my successes – minus 6 cm at hips and minus 3.5 at the waist in just 2 months! With my tendency to be overweight — it is a huge achievement. I found the “Paleo for Beginners” guide due to the fact that I’m constantly surfing the Internet searching for dietary trends and reading blogs.
“Advantages: you can eat sweets and do not have to starve, and skin and mood are improved. I decided to take a chance. There was no feeling of hunger, so I did not feel bad as it usually happens on a diet. And there were no lethargy and apathy. I recommend it to all of you!”
Madison, 23 y.o.
“I became overweight somehow unnoticed. I used to buy things of S size, then it became M, and I have come round at L. The first alarm sounded the mother, and she advised me the paleo diet course. I admit that I didn’t adhere strictly to all the instructions at once.
Probably it happened in two weeks. At the same time, my efforts were almost immediately reflected in the waist – skirt became fastened effortlessly. It inspired me, I re-read the guide, I took it more seriously this time. While my size is M, I hope to return in September to S. I feel good, it is easy to wake up in the morning, although in the past it was a problem. In general, my concentration has improved. Thank you and good luck!”
Elizabeth, 24 y.o.
“I work as an interpreter and always accompany the chief on all trips abroad. I always try to look good, especially carefully watch my weight, with my height 162, each extra kilogram is noticeable. As for the paleo diet, I was attracted by the fact that weight loss occurs without damage to health. I started to stick to the paleo diet 2 months ago. I soon noticed that it has become easier to transfer flights and no longer feel overwhelmed when I change time zones. I no longer have problems with swelling, improved skin condition, lost 5 kg that I have long wanted to get rid of.”
If you have a story about the paleo diet that you can share – you are welcome.